Super Mario Cake
|Photos courtesy of Janis Ruby
I would like to thank Janis Ruby for sending me these amazing photos!
This was a vanilla chiffon cake covered, filled with vanilla buttercream and decorated with rolled fondant.
Size: 6" wide by 4" tall serving size: ~8
Virgin White white rolled fondant
Americolor gel food colouring: teal, pink, red, blue, back, and brown
Small cloud cookie cutter
Letter cookie cutters
round cookie cutter
Sharp scalpel exacto knife
How I decorated the cake:
- I crumb coated and covered the whole cake with teal vanilla cream. Gel food colouring: Americolor in teal
- Printed out 2 clip art or coloring book images of Super Mario face. Tip: use plain black and white images.
- I took one of the images and cut out Super Mario's face.
- Then I rolled out skin colored fondant.
- I the Super Mario cutout on top of the fondant, cut around the image, and place it on top of the prepared cake.
- I used the second image as template to cut out Mario's eyes, nose, hat, moustache and sideburns.
- I then cut out clouds and letterings and place them on the side of the cake.
- I also sprinkled some yellow star sprinkles to add some sparkle on the side of the cake.