How to Save Money on Your Wedding Cake
Here are some money saving tips for your wedding cake.
- Know your budget and stick with it... A simple 6 inch round cake is $50 and up. It all depends on the complexity of the cake design.
- Themes are a good way to keep focus. For example. Rose cake. Fresh rose buds adorning the cake.
- Keep it simple. Stick with buttercream icing. Buttercream can be textured to match the theme of your wedding. Fondant adds to the cost of the cake most people think it's too sweet and end up pealing off the fondant.
- Add fresh flowers to your cake instead of handmade gum paste flowers. Consult with your cake decorator for fresh flower cake ideas that will match your bridal bouquet. It doesn't hurt to ask your florist to include your cake flowers in your bridal flower package. Remember less is more.
- Add some bling using rhinestone mesh metallic ribbons, rhinestone studded cake toppers. Provide your own cake topper to be added to your cake. Your cake decorator did not have to go out and buy it, therefore less cake. Use the ribbon you already have like the extra ribbon you use for your Invitation, or ribbons from wedding decor.
- Order a small, single tier cake and enough cupcakes for your guest. This can be arranged on a cupcake tower with the cake on top.
- Cake dummies. If you like the look of a cake but want to keep cost down opt for a fake/dummy cake. The inside of the cake is foam. This will serve as a decoration while the cupcakes or sheet cake will be served for the guest.