Tiger King Cookie
Hey there! This is my Tiger King cookie I turned a simple shortbread into the Tiger King, Joe Exotic!
At a time like this I just want to do something fun and new. Cooking decorating is new to me. A little rusty but over all not bad.
I used shortbread as a base cookie. It's buttery and not too sweet. Perfect pair with the already sweet royal icing that I am using to decorate the cookie.
This shortbread recipe has only 3 ingredients: flour, butter and icing sugar. Everything is whipped together on a stand mixer and then chilled for 15 to 30 minutes.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups cake & pastry flour or all purpose flour
1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine butter, sugar, and flour and mix with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (10 minutes or less).
- Gather up dough into a circle, then flatten with the palm of your hands.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inches thick.
- Cut dough into desired shape.
- Bake at 325 F for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Coll for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
|Ginger bread man cookie cutter|
1 pound icing sugar, measured and then sifted
3 tablespoons level meringue powder
5 to 6 tablespoons lukewarm water
Using a stand mixer on low mix together icing sugar and meringue powder. Turn off mixer and add in water. Mix for 10 minutes until sheen had gone away. Thin out with water according to your application.
I take a spoonful of the icing and pour it back into the bowl. When the icing flows smoothly into the bowl without clumping then your icing is ready to use.
Here is the video on how I made the tiger king cookies.
- After I cooled down the cookie using brown edible markers I drew in guidelines for feature I want on the cookie.
I then drew in the outline of the head and face and then flood it in with the icing.
Colored the white stripes with gold dust..
Pipped on his hair using thick consistency royal icing. I did not use any tips here. I just used a cut off pipping back. You may also purchase a tip less icing bag. I also drew in his facial features using brown edible marker.
Here it is the finished product...
The docuseries Tiger King is been number one on Netflix since last month. I was very addictive go check it out. I hope you guys enjoyed this . I had fun making it and hoping you guys make your own. Until next time. Stay Safe!