Twisted Donuts - Yeast Donuts
I have been craving for these chewy, spongy doughnuts. I like them coated in just plain sugar, icing sugar or cinnamon sugar!
yields approximately 2 dozen
1/4 cups lukewarm water
1 tablespoons yeast
1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons shortening
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cups milk
1 eggs, beaten
3 1/4 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, shortening, hotwater, salt, and milk.
- When milk mixture cooled down mix in beaten eggs and yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour, 1/2 cups at a time. Add a bit more if dough feels sticky.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to 1 hour
- Shape donuts to desired size.
- Fill pan with olive oil. 2" deep.
- Heat up oil.
- Fry up donuts in medium low heat until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar or any topping you like.